Snagit is a great tool for capturing almost anything that appears on your computer screen, adding annotations or editing the capture and then saving the result.
In this article I’ll show you how to extend Snagit by using the powerful features of OnePlaceMail to save the Snagit capture to a location in SharePoint.
If you are not already using OnePlaceMail you can download the Express Edition (free for up to 25 users within a company) from http://www.scinaptic.com/download-express-edition.html
Procedure: Set up a Snagit Profile for “No Prompt” Save Directly to SharePoint
This procedure will configure a Snagit profile for OnePlaceMail. This allows you to take a capture using Snagit and save the result (without editing) directly to SharePoint using OnePlaceMail.
1. Open Snagit
2. Create a new profile (+ icon)
3. Create a profile called “OnePlaceMail” and click Save.
4. Now with the new OnePlaceMail profile selected, drop down the Output selector and choose Program
5. Drop down the Output selector again and uncheck the Preview in Editor option.
· Unchecked means as soon as you take the capture OnePlaceMail will start without giving you the opportunity to edit first.
· Checked means after taking a capture you get to edit the image before sending to OnePlaceMail
6. Drop down the Output selector again and choose Properties…
7. On the Program tab, select OnePlaceMail as the output program and click OK.
8. Click the save icon to save the changes to the new profile
9. You have now created the OnePlaceMail profile and it is ready to use.
Using the OnePlaceMail Snagit Profile
1. Now you just need to choose the active profile. Snagit gives you many ways to do this. One way is to click on system tray icon | Profiles | My Profiles | OnePlaceMail
2. Now capture your image
3. OnePlaceMail will start and you can use the standard OnePlaceMail Save to SharePoint interface to:
a. Select the destination location in SharePoint
b. Enter any meta-data (SharePoint column values)
c. Rename the file
d. Save to SharePoint