Microsoft SharePoint 2013 has introduced a new concept called Site Mailboxes to help bring together Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange content within Microsoft Outlook 2013.
SharePoint Site Mailboxes provide many benefits and also have their limitations. This White Paper: SharePoint 2013 Site Mailboxes – Overcome their Limitations looks at Site Mailboxes and how they can be extended to implement broader solutions on the SharePoint platform.
The White Paper addresses how to enhance Site Mailboxes to:
- Capture email attributes when saving to Site Mailboxes
- Tag Content with custom metadata
- Save to Site Mailboxes from Windows Explorer & Office applications
- Access SharePoint capabilities from Site Mailboxes
- Manage email attachments with Site Mailboxes